{5.2.09}

{5.2.09}
"Marriage is a maze into which we wander—a maze that is best got through with a great companion..."

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A lot of work has been going on lately on Summer Street. Joseph has completely replaced the screened porch and I've almost got all the painting done. The floor still has to be stained, screen put up with the new doors, and the back door has to be put in. SO- we still have tons to do but it's definitely starting to roll along.


We also got our front door put in this weekend. I really like it compared to the one that was there before and this one gives us a little more privacy, while still letting some light in. I think we're going to stain it a real dark color. Here again, we still have tons to do in the front. The columns still need to be painted, rails replaced, siding put up(hopefully SOON), and some bushes. This may sound silly, but I can't wait to hang some big ol' ferns up and plant some flowers. I guess that's a girl for ya.


Even though we still have a ways to go, the picture I had in my head of how I wanted things to look is definitely coming together!!

We are hoping (fingers crossed) that our first inspection goes smooth and we can start sheetrock within the upcoming weeks! We are trying to stay optimistic and know that this house will be well worth the hard work in the end. This house holds so many special memories for me as a child, has so much sweat, tears, and blood(yes blood) poured into it over the past year, and will be our home where so many more memories will be made in the future........As I've said a million times, I'm not sure I could ever put a price on this house.

Hopefully we'll have more updates SOON! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment