{5.2.09}

{5.2.09}
"Marriage is a maze into which we wander—a maze that is best got through with a great companion..."

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Renovation Continues....

This past weekend was our first day working at the house in a while. December was a VERY busy month! Saturday me, my mom, Joseph's mom and sister spent the day pulling nails{I think for every nail we pulled, two more would appear!} Joseph and his grandfather got the other header up in the dining room. Sunday Joseph and I spent the afternoon just cleaning stuff up. I'm excited to move to the next step of our renovation...
I've been continuously gathering/organizing ideas. This is a picture of Sara & Heath McCutcheon's dining room{they just got done renovating their house} and I fell in love with it! I already knew I wanted brown but I love the wainscoting! We are definately doing something similar to this in our dining room.
The next thing on our list to do is put up the ceilings. We plan on doing coffered ceilings in the living room and dining room{depending on time and money it may have to wait till later} For those of you who don't know what coffered is, it looks like this...


The house has beadboard ceilings in it now, but we were pretty confident it would be too costly and time consuming to try to refinish them. We do want to have at least one room with beadboard though. As of now, we may do the kitchen with beadboard and wood beams like this....

No comments:

Post a Comment